The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Stream (Subclass 482) is a temporary visa. This visa allows employers to sponsor skilled workers to fill professional roles in order to address labour shortages. This visa is subject to sponsorship by an eligible employing organisation.
In order to be eligible for the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Stream (Subclass 482) visa, you must:
- be sponsored by an approved employer
- demonstrate evidence of suitable professional skills
- be employed by your nominated employer
- provide evidence of recent work in your occupation
- provide evidence of a successful skills assessment
- meet health requirements and hold health insurance
- meet English language proficiency requirements
- have not previously had a visa cancelled or refused.
In order to apply for the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Stream (Subclass 482) visa, you will need to provide documentation relating to:
- your age and identity information
- educational qualifications
- proof of employment and work history
- proof of employer sponsorship
- skills assessment documentation
- evidence of good health and a health insurance policy
- evidence of your visa eligibility.
You may also need to supply additional documents for assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
you can explore short- and medium-term options
under the medium-term stream, you can stay in Australia for up to 4 years or 5 years if you hold a Hong Kong passport.
you can travel to and from Australia at any time during the visa period.
if eligible, you can apply for permanent residence in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! Our professional Solve Migration legal team can help you understand and navigate all requirements of the Subclass 482 application process.
If you’d prefer to submit your own application for the Subclass 482 visa, you can do so. However, you’ll need to understand the many complexities of Australian migration law, as a mistake could end up costing thousands. If you plan on self-submitting your Subclass 482 application, we recommend you get a professional document check to ensure your application aligns with requirements. If you’d like an expert to help you make an application, contact our team to find out more.
For the short-term Subclass 482 visa, the standard cost for a primary applicant is $1,330 AUD. For the medium-term Subclass 482 visa, the standard cost is $2,770 AUD. For each subsequent entrant, a fee of $1,330 AUD will apply. You may also be required to pay other costs associated with health checks, police clearances, biometrics, and other selection criteria.
You’ll only be charged if the Department of Home Affairs grants the visa. Please reach out to us if you need help estimating the complete visa cost for you and your family.
Please note that you will need to enter Australia before the last date specified on your Visa Grant Letter.
The typical processing times for the short-term Subclass 482 visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 44 days
- 50% of applications: 83 days
- 75% of applications: 12 months
- 90% of applications: 15 months
The typical processing times for the medium-term Subclass 482 visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 30 days
- 50% of applications: 46 days
- 75% of applications: 3 months
- 90% of applications: 9 months
Solve Migration, your partner in success.
At Solve Migration, we understand the importance of quality legal support in helping you navigate migration law and visa law concerns. Our team of qualified lawyers is proud to support clients across the country, working in line with the Immigration Act Australia.
Ready to get started?
We’ll get back to you soon as soon as possible.