The Significant Investor Visa (Subclass 188C) is a 4-year provisional visa. This visa is for applicants who make a compliant significant investment of $5 million AUD or more to Australian investment and securities. Due to the strict requirements of this visa, applicants must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency.
- be invited to apply by an Australian State or Territory government agency
- have an intention to live in the state whose government agency nominates you
- have an intention to maintain Australian investments through the visa period
- be able to invest at least $5 million AUD in an applicable channel, in line with the following proportions:
- minimum $1 million AUD in venture capital and growth private equity funds that invest in start-ups and small businesses
- minimum $1.5 million AUD in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
- minimum $2.5 million AUD balancing investment in managed funds.
In order to apply for the Significant Investor Visa (Subclass 188C), you will need to provide the following:
- your age and personal details
- your English language proficiency
- documents to substantiate relevant investment activity
- proof that you have no history of unacceptable business or investment activity
- an endorsement from your nominating state or territory government agency.
You may also be required to submit additional supporting documents for assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
you will be able to stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
you can live, work, and invest in Australia throughout the visa period.
you get right to bring eligible family members with you to Australia.
you can apply for a permanent significant investor stream if relevant requirements are met.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! The legal professionals at Solve Migration are able to help with all aspects of the Subclass 188C application process.
You can submit your Subclass 188C visa application yourself, but you’ll need to have a good understanding of the complexities of migration law. A single mistake could cost you years of time and thousands of dollars. If you plan to self-submit a Subclass 188C application, we suggest you get a professional document check first. If you’d prefer an expert to submit your visa application, we’re happy to help.
For this visa, the standard cost for a primary applicant is $9,195 AUD. You may also be required to pay other costs associated with health checks, police clearances, biometrics, and other selection criteria.
You’ll only be charged if the Department of Home Affairs grants the visa. Please reach out to us if you need help estimating the complete visa cost for you and your family.
Please note that you will need to enter Australia before the last date specified on your Visa Grant Letter.
The typical processing times for the Subclass 188C visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 8 months
- 50% of applications: 12 months
- 75% of applications: 18 months
- 90% of applications: 26 months
Solve Migration, your partner in success.
At Solve Migration, we understand the importance of quality legal support in helping you navigate migration law and visa law concerns. Our team of qualified lawyers is proud to support clients across the country, working in line with the Immigration Act Australia.
Ready to get started?
We’ll get back to you soon as soon as possible.