The Investment Visa (Subclass 188B) is a 4-year temporary visa. This visa is designed to help successful business investors relocate to Australia, where they can continue to develop an investment portfolio. Due to the strict requirements of this visa, applicants must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency.
In order to be eligible for the Investment Visa (Subclass 188B), you must:
- be under the age of 55
- score at least 65 points on the points test
- have held net family assets of at least $2.25 million AUD for the last 2 financial years
- currently invest at least $1.5 million AUD in State or Territory government bonds
- have directly managed one of the following for at least 1 of past 5 financial years:
- a qualifying business in which, your partner, or you and your partner jointly held at least 10% ownership interest; or
- an eligible investment of at least $1.5 million AUD owned by you, your partner, or you and your partner jointly.
In order to apply for the Investment Visa (Subclass 188B), you will need to provide the following:
- Your age and personal details
- Your English language proficiency
- Proof of management skills relating to nominated business or investment activity
- An auditable source of funds statement, confirming legality of funds accumulation
- Relevant character and health tests
- Proof that you have no history of unacceptable business or investment activity
- An endorsement from your nominating state or territory government agency.
You may also be required to submit additional supporting documents for assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
you will be able to stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
you can live and work in Australia throughout the visa period.
you can bring eligible family members with you to Australia.
you can apply for a permanent visa stream if relevant requirements are met.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! The legal team at Solve Migration are able to help with all aspects of the Subclass 188B application process.
You can self-submit your application for the Subclass 188B visa. However, you’ll need to have a firm grasp of complex migration law regulations, as just one mistake could cost you thousands. If you plan to self-submit your Subclass 188B application, we recommend getting a professional document check to ensure your documents meet all application requirements. If you’d prefer an expert to submit your application, we’d be happy to help.
For this visa, the standard cost for a primary applicant is $6,270 AUD. You may also be required to pay other costs associated with health checks, police clearances, biometrics, and other selection criteria.
You’ll only be charged if the Department of Home Affairs grants the visa. Please reach out to us if you need help estimating the complete visa cost for you and your family.
Please note that you will need to enter Australia before the last date specified on your Visa Grant Letter.
The typical processing times for the Subclass 188B visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 26 months
- 50% of applications: 29 months
- 75% of applications: 36 months
- 90% of applications: 39 months
Solve Migration, your partner in success.
At Solve Migration, we understand the importance of quality legal support in helping you navigate migration law and visa law concerns. Our team of qualified lawyers is proud to support clients across the country, working in line with the Immigration Act Australia.
Ready to get started?
We’ll get back to you soon as soon as possible.