The Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Stream (Subclass 186) is a permanent visa. This visa supports skilled workers who are nominated by an eligible employer to live and work in Australia. Due to the strict requirements of this visa, applications are subject to employer nomination and sponsorship.
In order to be eligible for the Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Stream (Subclass 186) visa, you must:
- be below the age of 45 or nominated by an exempt employer, such as a university
- be nominated by an eligible employer in an eligible field
- provide proof of professional skills and work experience
- be licensed and registered in your field if required
- meet health and character requirements
- meet English language competency requirements.
In order to apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Stream (Subclass 186) visa, you will need to provide documentation relating to:
- your age and identity details
- educational background
- proof of employment and professional credentials
- evidence of employer nomination
- details of a successful skills assessment
- health and character information
- proof of your visa eligibility.
You may also need to provide further documents for assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
you can stay in Australia indefinitely.
you can live, work, and study anywhere in Australia.
you can sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
if eligible, you may apply for Australian citizenship.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! The skilled and experienced lawyers at Solve Migration can assist you throughout the Subclass 186 application and approval process.
You can submit an application for the Subclass 186 visa on your own. However, you’ll need to understand complex migration laws and regulations, as a mistake could cost thousands of dollars. If you plan on self-submitting an application for Subclass 186, we suggest you get a document check first. If you’d like an expert to submit your application for you, our lawyers are happy to help.
For this visa, the standard cost for a primary applicant is $4,240 AUD. You may also be required to pay other costs associated with health checks, police clearances, biometrics, and other selection criteria.
You’ll only be charged if the Department of Home Affairs grants the visa. Please reach out to us if you need help estimating the complete visa cost for you and your family.
Please note that you will need to enter Australia before the last date specified on your Visa Grant Letter.
The typical processing times for the Subclass 186 visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 4 months
- 50% of applications: 5 months
- 75% of applications: 7 months
- 90% of applications: 12 months
Solve Migration, your partner in success.
At Solve Migration, we understand the importance of quality legal support in helping you navigate migration law and visa law concerns. Our team of qualified lawyers is proud to support clients across the country, working in line with the Immigration Act Australia.
Ready to get started?
We’ll get back to you soon as soon as possible.