In order to be eligible for the Business Innovation Stream (Subclass 188A) visa, you must:
- be under the age of 55
- score at 65 points on the points test
- have a proven successful business and/or investment career
- hold total net business and personal assets of at least $800,000 AUD
- have held an ownership stake in 1 or 2 businesses with an annual turnover of at least $500,000 AUD for 2 out of 4 of the most recent financial years
- If the company’s annual turnover is above $400,000 AUD, you must own shares to the value of 30%.
- If the company’s annual turnover is under $400,000 AUD, you must own shares to the value of 51%.
- If the company is listed, you must own shares to the value of at least 10%.
In order to apply for the Business Innovation Stream (Subclass 188A) visa, you will need to provide supporting documents relating to:
- your age and personal details
- your English language proficiency
- educational qualifications
- financial assets
- business experience and turnover
- relevant business innovation stream qualifications
- an endorsement from your nominating state or territory government agency.
You may also be required to submit additional supporting documents for assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
you will be able to stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
you can live and work in Australia throughout the visa period.
you get the right to bring eligible family members with you to Australia.
you can apply for a permanent visa stream if relevant requirements are met.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! The professional attorneys at Solve Migration are able to help with all aspects of the Subclass 188A application process, from beginning to end.
You can self-submit an application for the Subclass 188A visa, but you’ll need to have a strong understanding of migration law and complex regulations. This can be confusing and time-consuming, and a single mistake could cost thousands of dollars. If you plan to self-submit your application for Subclass 188A, we recommend getting a professional document check to ensure your documents align with application requirements. Alternatively, if you’d prefer an expert migration agent to submit your application for you, we’d be happy to help.
For this visa, the standard cost for a primary applicant is $6,270 AUD. You may also be required to pay other costs associated with health checks, police clearances, biometrics, and other selection criteria. You’ll only be charged if the Department of Home Affairs grants the visa. Please reach out to us if you need help estimating the complete visa cost for you and your family. Please note that you will need to enter Australia before the last date specified on your Visa Grant Letter.
The typical processing times for the Subclass 188A visa are currently:
- 25% of applications: 13 months
- 50% of applications: 16 months
- 75% of applications: 25 months
- 90% of applications: 28 months
Solve Migration, your partner in success.
At Solve Migration, we understand the importance of quality legal support in helping you navigate migration law and visa law concerns. Our team of qualified lawyers is proud to support clients across the country, working in line with the Immigration Act Australia.
Ready to get started?
We’ll get back to you soon as soon as possible.